Vintage 5 String English Flush Fret Banjo-Striped Neck/Rim 1890s-Very Unique
Price: $875.00 USD
Vintage 5 String English Flush Fret Banjo, made 1890s/1900s, manufacturer unknown . The banjo is very good in appearance and is in good playable condition.
- Pot 10 1/2 "dia x 2 1/8" deep x 5/16" thk wood rim with 28 original hooks, nuts & shoes.
- Rim 1/4" thk hoop with alternating vertical maple and mahogany (?) strip veneer.
- Unique hardware consisting of cast bow-tie shoes with cast square nuts.
- Some hooks look to be non-original.
- Newer skin head
- Neck built from maple and mahogany (?) vertical laminations.
- Neck has a 24" scale length, with ivory flush frets, and guitar style peghead .
- Neck is straight, with negligible twist..
- Minstrel style ebony tailpiece.
- Nylgut strings.
The banjo looks to be all original with very crisp sound and is in very good + condition.
The banjo is sold as is. Please feel free to email me if you would like to see more pics or if you have any questions about the item.
Posted By: bjowyjl
United States, Bufffalo, NY, 14223
Condition of Banjo: Used - Very Good Condition
Brand: No Name
Ad Status: Active, #56584, viewed 6616 times